What is Home Staging?My friends at Tahoe Modern say it best; home staging is a profit strategy for homeowners, Real estate agents, and investors to help potential buyers easily envision living in the spaces you are selling.
The Benefits of Staging a Home
Home Staging by the Numbers
68% of 4,200 staged homes sold for at least 9% more than their un-staged neighbors.
95% of home searches occur online – first impressions are EVERYTHING.
A staged home spends 72% less time on the market.
North Lake Tahoe sellers can expect to make an additional $9,000 – $24,000 after staging costs.
Home Staging Ideas
- Make your home spotless. Nothing will turn a potential buyer away faster than dust, dirt, unsavory smells, and general grime. Wash the windows, walls, and baseboards. Deep clean the kitchen and cupboards. Ensure your bathroom sparkles. And don’t forget the outside! Trim bushes back, plant some flowers, and tidy up the yard.
- Be a minimalist. While your kid’s painting on the wall brings you joy, it means nothing to a potential buyer. Create space, literally and figuratively, for buyers so they can better envision their own art on the wall, or their furniture gracing the living space. This means removing clutter and personal photographs. In other words, depersonalize your space.
- Clean out your closet. One of the top elements buyers are looking for when touring a home is storage space. Pull as much as you can out of closets and cabinets, including linens, shoes, and towels. The more space a buyer can see, the more appealing the home.
- Add strategic details. After cleaning and removing personal items, your home may vibrate with a certain sterility. Select accent items that bring back a clean yet cozy feel. Think plants, fresh produce, and modern design elements.
- Paint. Nothing spruces up a space like a fresh coat of paint. This is not the time to be bold! Pick neutral, soft colors that allow buyers to concentrate on the space and not the color of the walls.
How Much Does Home Staging Cost?The cost for home staging varies depending on the needs of the seller and the size of the home. If you already have modern furniture, a home stager may choose to simply augment the look of your high-traffic areas with their inventory of items. If your décor or furniture is dated, they may bring in new furniture to give your home a more appealing look.
Home Staging in TahoeReach out and I will put you in touch with professional stagers that fit your project.
If you're seeking to optimize the allure of your home for prospective buyers without committing to a complete staging endeavor, I am here to offer my assistance. As a testament to my unwavering dedication to excellence, I extend this (limited) service to my sellers at no additional cost. Leveraging my expertise, your home will captivate buyers, leave a lasting impression, and ultimately sell at an accelerated pace.
I go the extra mile to showcase your property in the most favorable light by making astute use of your existing furniture. Through strategic reimagination of your space, I can breathe new life into your home, replacing a few pieces with contemporary, fashionable furniture and accessories. This deliberate approach creates an ambiance that resonates with buyers and augments the overall appeal of your property.
From the moment potential buyers set foot inside, I will assist you in presenting a clutter-free environment that captivates their attention. Unlike traditional staging services that entail renting furniture, I offer the advantage of utilizing your current furniture, resulting in cost savings while still achieving a significant transformation. This is our way of providing exceptional value as part of our luxury services.